Thursday, September 23, 2004

My 20 favorite albums of 5764 (part VIII)

#6 The Killers - Hot Fuss


No surprise here...By far my most listened to CD of the year. I feel like this was the soundtrack to the last 6 months of my life, yet I still get excited whenever I hear it. I don't even know what else to say that I haven't said about 56436 times on CentralVillage already. I think it's amazing that I still hear something new every time I play this. At one point or another, I've called every song off this CD my favorite...It's just something I can't get sick of. I've tried...but these songs never grow old. A tremendous album from my one of my favorite bands.

#5 RJD2 - Since Last We Spoke


Dunno where to start with this one. I don't even know HOW he makes the music...I honestly don't understand what the process is to create something like this...but I mean, you listen to it, and you realize that this guy could somehow visualize this in his head, and somehow turn that into something audible. Unreal. Is this even a hip-hop record? Is "Through the Walls" hip-hop by any definition? "Making Days Longer"? Where does the line get drawn? It's just not worth trying to figure out. Sooner or later, you just gotta take it for what it is: A unique and unparalleled genre busting masterpiece that's decades ahead of it's time. I feel lucky to have heard it.

Click Here for #'s 20 and 19
Click Here for #'s 18 and 17
Click Here for #'s 16 and 15
Click Here for #'s 14 and 13
Click Here for #'s 12 and 11
Click Here for #'s 10 and 9
Click Here for #'s 8 and 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home