Friday, September 17, 2004

My 20 favorite albums of 5764 (part II)

Gonna Make This quick cause I gots places to be...

#18 The Rapture - Echoes


Yeah, this one squeezes into the past Jewish year...And what is there to say that hasn't already been said? Genre-bending dance/funk/punk masterpiece that is, a year later, getting as many listens to as it did when it came out. From the New-Jersey-Club sounding beat of "I Need Your Love" to the Rock Anthem-ish "Sister Savior", this album is all over the place without getting away from itself. A great CD.

#17 The Arcade Fire - Funeral


This is a new one...Just squeaking in this year, coming out last Tuesday. Everyone loves these guys, some are calling it the best album of the year already...and I'm right with them. I've played it over and over again since I've bought it, and I love it more with every listen. The album as a whole feels like the soundtrack to a life...each song more unpredictable than the last, while maintaining a consistency throughout. "Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)" and "Rebellion (Lies)" are two favorites, but there is not one track on this that I skip over. By the end of the Gregorian year, this may very well be in my top 5.

Tomorrow I'll do #16 and #15...
Click Here for #'s 20 and 19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home