Monday, September 13, 2004

Today was a GOOD day?...

more on this in a minute...

-The presale for Green Day at Irving Plaza will be tomorrow morning...If you sign up for the KRock 92Free pass (it's free...), you can get access to the sale, but they will not be releasing the password ahead of time for this show. Say what you will about KRock...I haven't listened to FM radio since 8th grade...but they hold a good chunk of the presales for a lot of the bigger shows in New York (they did Interpol last week). It's not a bad idea to sign up for their mailing list if you go to a lot of shows in the city.

-Speaking of Green Day...What's their deal? I had a long and late conversation Saturday with a buddy of mine regarding how popular they are/how popular they've been over the last decade since Dookie came out...I said I thought they remained popular to a consistent age group (14-17 year olds) and have been very successful...tho I couldn't name more than 2 songs off their last 6 albums...He didn't think anybody really cared about them anymore...We couldn't find any album sales figures on the internet or anything...but I'm still curious...does anybody listen to Green Day anymore? Besides people curious about this new concept album and mid-nineties nostalgaheads?

-I have 6 Gmail Invites available...if anyone wants one, send me an email.

Via BrooklynVegan, I see that the openers for the Pixies dates have been filled out. I have no problem with Mission of Burma or Le Tigre...both great bands I'd love to see...but for me its all about Broken Social Scene...If anyone out there has an extra to the 12/14 show they could sell me, or would like to trade for one of my other nights(1 2nd mez 12/13, 2 floor 12/15), please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated...

Finally...Ice Cube didn't have to use his AK for the past 10 years...but today is not a good day...it's legal once again to purchase (and use?) assault rifles in the United States. I think that this is a bad idea...

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i came across your page lookin for info on the green day show. as far as i know, yes, people do still listen to green day. evidenced by the fact that the presale this morning sold out almost instantly. maybe Warning:, the last album, wasnt quite the style of Dookie that a lot of people expected, but it seems like theyr more than willing to give em another shot. and then theres people like me who will always love em, cuz their songs are reminders of being 17 and angry.

PS, can i score a gmail invite, man? i'm at rviana@sas.upenn.edu

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess people still are into them:

http://cc.com/detail.html?eventID=205120&cid=230906

(continental airlines arena has a capacity of 20,000)

-bv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home