Friday, September 03, 2004

The CentralVillage Videogame Revival

First off, best wishes go out to Bill Clinton on getting well soon...He will be going under the knife tomorrow morning for quadruple bypass surgery at New York-Presbyterian...We all hope for a speedy recovery.

Up until about a year ago, I was still really into video games....But recently, I'm afraid to say, I've more or less grown out of them. I still sometimes play sports games with friends, but these days the only games I can see myself buying and playing are the Grand Theft Auto Sequels and random Japanese party games that involve props...

Everyone who's been at my apartment after 5AM has most likely seen Samba de Amigo in action...The game where you stand on a mat and shake maracas to the beat of some poorly covered late 90's music...Unbelievably fun and unbelievably exhausting. Well, I came across this today:



Donkey Konga.

Perfect? Perhaps. Picture Samba without having to stand up. Play bongos with monkeys to a soundtrack of shitty pop tunes and videogame themes...I really don't think it gets more absurd than this. I'm not gonna be able to sell this idea to everyone (anyone?) reading right now...Cause you really need to see something like this in action to fully appreciate the lunacy. Here's a shot of the bongos:



And in case you were wondering...I don't do Dance Dance Revolution...there's a bit too much of a culture surrounding that jawn I want absolutely NO part of, thank you very much. Donkey Konga comes to America September 27th...

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Jesus...I'll have to check that out sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home