Thursday, September 02, 2004

Problems with Commitment

Ok, recently I've been saying I'm gonna goto all these shows that I really wanted to check out. Unfortunately, one thing or another comes up and my plans change last minute. The Bravery Last Saturday I had every intention on going to up until right before when my plans changed, nobody really wanted to go with me, and I ended up just going out with friends and having a good time anyway. No regrets. Then this week I told myself I was gonna goto the Wrens and then this hip-hop show tonight...Well, last night I just fell asleep and never made it out. Then tonight, everyone was just too lazy to get up and go, so we lounged around and watched Indiana Jones on DVD. Sometimes what seems like a good idea mid day at work just doesn't pan out once you're comfortable laying around the house. I goto enough shows that I kinda know deep inside which ones I'm gonna get to no matter what, and which I'll goto if I really have nothing else to do. If I buy a ticket, or plan it out months in advance, I'll be there. But a lot of the time I'm bored at work and I just look around for something to do. Those are the nights that usually don't pan out...I've either seen them before (Bravery), know they'll be back (Wrens), or just don't wanna go bad enough (Aesop Rock et al). Oh well...I think deep down this is perhaps my spending reflex kicking in...

Tomorrow night I WILL be at the US Open with my father for the night session. It always is one of my favorite sporting events to attend...really pleasant atmosphere. I recommend if you can get tickets from a business associate or something along those lines, go check it out. It's nice.

I read on Productshop about this amazing show being put on in a couple weekends. Dave Chappelle is the host, and a ton of A-List rappers and singers are gonna be performing block party stizz, with spectators on rooftops and on the street...(from the website) "Kanye West, Mos Def, Lauryn Hill, Common, Talib Kweli, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Dead Prez and The Roots among others..." Unreal. And it's free. There's a bit of registering to deal with if you've never signed up with 1iota before, but this looks pretty amazing.

Speaking of amazing free shit...I was sending e-mails back and forth with people with the Showalter/Wain Sixteen Candles taping all day...and it looks like something got screwed up and my seats were not reserved...So I am basically out of luck. If anybody knows anybody who has extra seats available, please e-mail me and let me know. I was really looking forward to this.

Thats all for now. Till later...

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger n. said...

you should come see dutch kills tonight!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

I would totally be down to check them out, but I'm gonna be at the Open tonight...I posted this last night, when "Tomorrow" meant today...sorry for the confusion.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's that block party going to be at? come on, spill the secret!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home