Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Would that it were...


*Looked like a great interview on the Daily Show last night with Kerry...Sorry I missed it...

*Saw Rachael Yamagata last night...with a guy named David Berkley opening for her...He was like a much more talented John Mayer...I wish I had heard of him sophomore year in college when that kind of shit was all the rage...He was very very good. Yammers was terrific as well...On stage, she adds a stunning amount of emotion to her songs. I was totally sucked in. Don't think I've ever been more attracted to someone despite having no clue what she actually looks like...between the lights and her bangs, I honestly couldn't tell...and she was no more than 15 feet away from me...wild...and unbelievably sexy...yes.

*One caveat...the food at the Time Cafe is as bad as advertised...I didn't have time to eat before the show, so I grabbed something from the kitchen upstairs between sets...and It was really not good at all...I realize I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to eating, but I was expecting a mediocre meal I could deal with...and it was literally like airplane food with larger portions...so bad.

*Got Beastie Boys tickets this morning...but I'm still very confused on how the layout is gonna be...are there floor seats? Or is it gonna be a pit? Center stage or end stage setup? Either way I'm very happy with my seats, but if they bring back the old school center stage setup, I'll be perfect from where I sit.

*Speaking of uber-talented hip hop groups who went to private school in Brooklyn Heights...Nuclear Family is playing one of their biggest Manhattan sets ever at Mercury Lounge tonite...If you don't have any plans, come check them out...If you do have plans, work them around seeing these guys...It'll be the late set (11:15) and they are well worth it. I honestly can't say enough good things about them. Go check out their website and listen to some of their songs...Then come out tonight...and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home