Sunday, August 22, 2004

Sunday Notes...

*Really quiet weekend...went to bed early Friday night cause I was exhausted and had to go into work Saturday...that night, a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a while came over, and we drank a bottle of vintage Veuve and a six-pack of Mikes Hard Lemonade...after that we just decided just to stay in and watch Muholland Drive (she'd never seen it before). Was fun. Didn't make it out to Sea Ray...but maybe next time...

*This week will be a rough one for me at work...but it'll all be over Thursday...

*Tomorrow I was going to go to Spice Market for an early Dinner, but I will not be able to make it...a shame.

*Tuesday I will do everything in my power to get off work in time to catch Rachael Yamagata at the Fez...I haven’t been there since I was like 17 with a fake ID...used to go to see these guys called Synapse...which was Ari Hest's band while he was at Horace Mann...way back when he was just a rich, Jewish kid at an NYC prep school...and way before he was selling out Bowery Ballroom and making other rich Jewish NYC prep school girls swoon...

*Wednesday I will be at the Nuclear Family jawn at Mercury Lounge...This is really big for them, and I hope a lot of people come out to check them out...I will have more on them later this week.

*I dunno what the fuck I'm doing Thursday, but it's gonna be raucous, cause all this crazy work shit is gonna be over, and I'm gonna try and take Friday off...

*Friday night I may check out Rana at Mercury Lounge...I dunno what they sound like these days, but my freshmen year in college, I used to watch them jam in the basement of their off campus house...and they used to pull out an incredible cover of the Legend of Zelda theme song...that was a long time ago, however...prolly still pretty good.

*Then Saturday The Bravery are at Mercury Lounge...always a fun show...but next weekend is getting ahead of myself...I gotta get through this week first...

*I might be getting a little bit of webspace to host MP3's soon...this will do wonders to my "What am I listening to" section...letting me not have to rely on bands hosting their own shit...hopefully I'll get this set up before Wednesday, so I can put up some NukFam shit to get y'all excited to come check them out.

*BTW...I read that the Green Day show at Irving is just gonna be a play through of the new album...interesting, but not the nostalgia-fest I was maybe looking forward to...Tickets go on sale Sept. 17th at noon...4 days before the show itself.

Finally, I don't read his shit all that often, but Greg the Boyfriend gave a simple, yet dead-on explanation for the allure of New York to the rest of the world...

here is the deal. Magazines are written in New York. Most of them. So. They hire people. Those people write. They write about what they know. Which is New York. The magazine then gets read across the country. What is in magazines is what is hip. So then when someone from New York is like, I just did suchandsuch with soandso, a non-New York person is like, "Whoa!" I just saw that in a magazine.

Makes sense to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home