Saturday, August 21, 2004

My Supergroup...and Sondre at Southpaw...

On the Gothamist "Sets in the City" interviews, they always ask the artists what their ideal supergroup is...and the artists usually balk at the question and give either a sarcastic answer or avoid it somehow...but I like it, and was thinking who I'd pick...This is what I came up with from what I'm listening to at the moment...

Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley) - Vocals
Matt Bellamy (Muse) - Vocals/Guitar/Piano
Carlos D (Interpol) - Bass
I forget his name...(The Bravery)...Lead Guitar
Gary Libertines - Drums

At this show, by the way, I'd have RJD2 and DJ Snafu (NukFam) battle it out before and after the set...cause that'd be fun too.

Is that too obvious a list? Well..it's a SUPERgroup...so I'm not picking some obscure guy who plays the 8:00 set at Luna...I'm picking superstars...

See...that was fun...now your turn...

Also, I learned from BrooklynVegan that Sondre Lerche is playing one of my favorite venues in NY, Southpaw, on Oct. 19 for only $10...Tickets are on sale now...and the place is pretty small, so expect it to sell out fast. Sondre plays nice music...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home