Thursday, August 19, 2004

The Balance Beam is Boring...



But the rest of girls gymnastics rocks...is there a better name in sports than Courtney McCool??? Nope. I like the other Courtney best, tho.

That tall Russian...Svetlana Khorkina...BAD ASS...She does her thing...no sparkles, no smiles...looks like she is too old to still be doing this shit, and just wants to get it over with...Nasty.

I accidentally saw that one of the American girls won while flipping around on ESPN.com...I'm pretty sure which one it was, but I'm trying to fool myself into thinking it's still up in the air...

So this is what I'm doing for my Thursday night...Tricking myself into being excited about girls gymnastics...whatever.

It was another busy and late night at work...Didn't make it to Guided By Voices...but I was remembered going to see them a few years ago at Irving Plaza and not really enjoying it all that much...Would have liked to have given them one last chance to impress, but it's not the end of the world. It is, however, about the 15th time I've meant to go check out Ambulance Ltd and not made it...it seems like they play a free show in New York every other week, so I'm sure I'll catch them again sooner or later. Their CD is surprisingly persistent. Perfect music to listen to at work...pleasant, not too abrasive and consistently good...I feel the same way with The Elected's CD...liked both cds a lot when I bought them, but wouldn't have guessed they'd have this kind of staying power in my ever expanding rotation.

Looks like Sufjan is gonna be a No-Go tomorrow night...toughest ticket in town apparently...Too bad. I'll have to act faster next time.

Tomorrow @ 10AM the MoveOn presale for the Pearl-Jam/Death Cab show in Reading...I know it's a tiny arena they're playing, so it's doubtful there's a bad seat in the house...I just hope the Ten Club heads didn't take all the floor seats already.

That’s all for now...After the last few days, I'll need a night out tomorrow...

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you should check out Ambulance. nyc indie rock w/ quality lyrics - what a concept!

T.B. - 10th St. & Greenwich Ave.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Looks like they're opening for The Killers Oct. 4th...which is the show I have a ticket to...so no doubt I'll finally get to see them then.

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that show totally sold out? I want to go but I'm on the road right now and I can't rely on what dates I'll be back

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

I'm not sure what the deal is with those shows...they're not listed on irving plaza's website yet, and as far as they know they only held a presale through The Killers mailing list...but that was a while ago...keep an eye open for if and when they go public...if I hear anything first, I'll put something up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home