Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's way too late...

Alas, work did not stop till 10:45...and hitting up Elkland was out of the question...I have no doubt they'll be around soon enough...and the idea of cramming into Pianos after a long day at work isn't ideal, but it would have been worth it to see these guys...oh well.

I got my MoveOn.org e-mail today about advance tickets for all those Concerts For Change shows floating around the middle of the country...Pre-sales begin tomorrow, and are staggered throughout next week...If you happen to be in the area, all these shows are worth attending, so if you're not on the mailing list, keep your eyes open for when they go on sale to the public. Here's a recap of the lineups:

Jackson Browne / Bonnie Raitt / Keb' Mo'
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band / R.E.M. / Bright Eyes
Dixie Chicks / James Taylor
Pearl Jam / Death Cab for Cutie
Dave Matthews Band / Ben Harper / Jurassic 5 / My Morning Jacket

I'm already planning a October 1st trip to Reading, Pa for the Pearl Jam / Death Cab show...Likely the only one I'll be able to make, but if it were more convenient, I'd see them all.

I can't stop listening to the new Rilo Kiley...pretty much non-stop all day at work...They are playing 2 shows at Bowery October 7th and 8th...tickets are not yet on sale.

Sufjan Stevens on Friday night is deceptively sold out...Mercury Lounge doesn't say so on their calendar, but the Ticketweb link says no mas...If anyone has an extra, lemme know...I never think to get tickets ahead of time for bands there...

I've significantly updated my upcoming shows over there on the right...lots of good stuff to see and hear throughout the end of the year...Already looking forward to the Keane, Pearl Jam, Death Cab, RJD2, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers(x2?) and Rilo Kiley(x2?) run over the course of about 10 days...Obviously there's more to come, but I'm content with a solid late summer/early fall outline for the time being.

That's of course not counting the Mega Mid-October 5-headed (and counting) Birthday Blowout that I've yet to actually get in motion...The original plan of having DJ Premier, Phantom Planet and The Strokes may not work out, but I'm sure there's a contingency plan around here somewhere...I'm more of the idea man...not too keen with the logistics.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the free GBV show tonight? That should be good. Sufjan isn't all the fun to see live. Maybe it was the setting, but his show at the Seaport was the most boring show I've ever been to.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

I was talking about seeing Sufjan tomorrow night...I wanted to check out GBV, but I doubt I'll be able to get off work till real late again...we'll see tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home