Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Welcome to Paradise...



I just read from my new favorite music blog, brooklynvegan, that Green Day is playing at Irving Plaza September 21st...

I might have to go...in fact I know I have to go...they were my first rock concert ever (save Simon and Garfunkel) at fucking Nassau Coliseum WITH MY PARENTS and a friend from grade school...I got Dookie for free from Chio the Hitman (Z100 DJ) when he MC'd my Bar Mitzvah...I listened to their first 3 albums almost exclusively
throughout 8th grade...ah, the memories are flooding back...

In all seriousness, Green Day (as well as Pearl Jam) are just about the most influential band on top 40 music of the last 10 years...Listen to every song on MTV these days, and you can draw a direct line to one of those two bands...I'm not saying what they influenced is good music...obviously most of the shit that came from them is horrible...but for better or for worse, they had a significant impact on the last decade of popular music...and that means something in the grand scheme of things. I plan on being there...

Here's a review from NY Newsday of the last Green Day concert I went to:

Green Day: Punk Rock With A Sense Of Humor
by Carol Cooper


In other news...I saw a fantastic Libertines set tonight at Bowery. More on that in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home