Monday, August 16, 2004

With so much drama in the LDN, it's kinda hard tryin to find legal money to spend...

So I woke up this morning to see the New York Times more or less agreed with me regarding Lil Stevens...and I'm not sure how I feel about that...I did have fun all day and it was a great and cheap way to spend an otherwise quiet Saturday...I'd do it again in a second...but it was not without its flaws...

Anyway...this weekend I also gots my hands on the new Dizzee Rascal album, which has totally blown my mind. It is much more listenable than his first album for a casual fan, yet his trademark flow is still retained. I'd already call it one of the best albums of the year...and significantly better than his first album. It'll be out in England at the beginning of next month...so keep your eyes out for a US release date.

The highlight of the album is a song called "Dream". You may have heard it on FluxBlog about a week ago...It's some fun shit...listened to it about 100 times this weekend...and still not sick of it. Some say "most adorable hip-hop song of all time"...I say "Juicy" meets "Hard Knock Life"...you decide:

Dizzee Rascal - Dream (via Fluxblog)

On Sunday I trekked all the way uptown to try and check out Nas...and not taking my own advice, only got there about 30 minutes before the doors opened...needless to say, I didn't come close to getting in, and decided it wasn't worth waiting in the rain to listen...Kinda upset I didn't get to see him, but hopefully there will be a next time.

Six Feet Under was good...always fun to hear the Killers on TV...Entourage was the same...every week I go into that show thinking I hate it, but when it's over I always think it's good...still don't know where this show'll go after this season, but that's not really my problem I guess...Ali G has had 2 off weeks IMO since Borat and his song, but it's still worth watching...The bit at the end with Bruno at the gun show was great.

This it...gonna have a rough next couple of weeks workwise, but hopefully it won't be too bad...Tonight's the Killers and, apparently, The Hong Kong opening...Sure to be a good time. Till lata...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home