Friday, August 27, 2004

A Nice Day for a Day Off

I stayed home today...cause I'm gonna be going into work all next week, and I wanted a lil three day weekend before all the madness and calamity of the RNC comes to town. I realized last night after all the work was done that I'd really just be missing a lot of champagne drinking and cake eating to celebrate the last day of one of our lawyers, as well as the completion of our reports...but still...it's nice to be able to sleep in and bum around on a Friday...

This Christina Barat-Casablancas blog is gone as fast as it arrived. By the time I woke up, all the pictures were down due to bandwidth whatnot, and once Gawker got to it, the whole thing disappeared. I'm leaning towards it being real, actually...mostly because she's been doing it for quite a while...if you checked the archives, it went back to April or May...and it stays pretty consistent with the whole schitck...That's a long time to pretend you're somebody interesting without anybody caring if you ask me...but who knows...now maybe we never will.

This weekend I will most likely go see The Bravery at Mercury...basically because I'm curious how they've improved since the Bowery set...In my mind, they took a step or two back that night...hopefully the lure of a major record deal will inspire them to tighten their shit up a bit...

Hero is getting rave reviews...and I think I'm gonna make it to this one...maybe this afternoon...tho prolly not the most ideal way to spend a beautiful day off in waning days of summer...

Without even noticing, I've become quite a Hong Kong/Chinese movie fan...Looking through my DVDs last night, I realized I have quite a collection...Rashomon, Seven Samurai, The Killer, Hard Boiled, A Better Tomorrow I and II, Crouching Tiger, the Infernal Affairs Trilogy and, most recently, Shaolin Soccer. These are all amazing movies...yet I never thought of myself as a huge fan of the genre...it's sneaky...That's how good they are.

I've been looking for a good way to play my iPod in my living room...and as much as I want it to, this prolly isn't gonna do the trick. The remote is nice, but are those speakers gonna be able to fill a room? Guess I'll have to wait and see a review...

Finally, in an amazing coincidence, my college homecoming is the same weekend as the Pearl Jam/Death Cab show in Reading, Pennsylvania...which means prolly no RJD2 that Saturday night in Brooklyn, but a much more convenient set of circumstances regarding PJ/DCFC...The first 14 days in October, with the addition of Kings Of Leon, the Beasties and the CMJ stuff, will be an unreal and unprecedented run of shows...I hope I'll be able to make it to them all.

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger n. said...

we keep going to all of the same stuff but i have no idea what you look like!

also, you know you can get a rca cable or something like that and just hook your ipod right up to any stereo? my roommate and i do it and it works just fine, you just have to change it to the video settings (unless your stereo is really old...)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Thanks for the tip about the cables, tho that's basically what I’m doing now with a pair of old speakers...Thing is, I don’t really have an actual stereo, and I was kinda holding out for something that would be more compatible with the iPod...so far, there's nothing like that yet...

And yeah...I'll be sure to say what’s up next time I see you out. Sorry for being so rude :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home