Friday, September 17, 2004

Friday non-OC related notes...

I've heard the new Green Day album...and I guess it's good...didn't blow me away...but I was listening to it at work quietly, so maybe to truly appreciate it I need to have earphones on in the backseat of my parents car...

(Please don't confuse my indifference towards the album with Sour Grapes about not getting tickets to the Irving Plaza show...)

I signed up for the Futureheads Yahoo list, and they have posted quite a few MP3's of demos and early recordings they made...If you're into these guys, you might get a kick out of some of them...tho I honestly can't tell much of a difference between the rare tracks and the album versions. You can sign up here.

Tonight The Bravery are playing with VHS or BETA at The Knitting Factory...will be a good show to kick off their tour. Also in the Tap Room there is some sort of Viktor Vaughn/MF Doom tribute show...might be cool if you dig that sort of stuff...At Rothko, The GoStation and Dutch Kills are playing.

If you were able to get Chappelle Block Party tickets, go. I did not get them and was bitter until I found out I had to come into work anyway tomorrow...so it's a wash. Tomorrow night the Sons of Sound are playing at Sin-e...They are very very good. Out of everything this weekend, this is the show I'm gonna try my darndest to make it to.

Finally...Is this the most awesomest thing to get you fucked up since Sparks?

The way it's marketed makes me feel like a loser for wanting to try it...but come on...gotta give it a shot this weekend...It's CAFINATED VODKA! Lets see whose heart explodes first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home