Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Nice Hat


Toots and the Maytals are playing at Spirit tonight in Chelsea...They always put on an unbelievable show, so go check it out if you are looking for something to do.

Tale of Two Cities Thankfully put up a ragdoll listing of the shows going on during CMJ...Strange there has been no sort of official release on these...CMJ runs from the 13th (my birthday!) through the 16th.

I saw Death From Above 79 open for The Killers in London and I thought they were awful...however, there are a lot of people out there who seem to think they're really good. Weird, I know. They are playing tonight at Bowery with Metric if you're curious. If you ask me, you're better off with Toots.

Gonna angle to go see Madlib and PeanutButter Wolf Friday night at Southpaw. I always say I'm gonna goto these hip hop shows and never do...I'd like to make it to one someday...

Finally, it looks like they're gonna give Field Day another try...I'll be there if they can pull it off.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Shit-Hot's some strong words, but that's a good song...actually a bunch of the songs I've heard off their website are pretty good…

My main beef was some really bizarre comments they said to the crowd when I saw them...One about hating New York City cause the DFA that forced them to change their name was from here...Then later they made some comment along the lines of England being bitches for losing the Revolutionary War and squandering colonialism...Which is kind of a weird thing to say to an English crowd...of 16 year olds who were there to see The Killers...

I'm sure I'd give them another shot someday...but that set left me with a lousy impression.

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wrens, Ted Leo, RJD2... etc etc, yawn. But I sure hope I'm in town that week so I can catch the incomparable Talib Kweli for $20. I'd pay $50 to see him at a club and I'm a total cheapskate when it comes to concert tickets.

-Tom on the Gold Coast

 

Post a Comment

<< Home