Sunday, September 19, 2004

My 20 favorite albums of 5764 (part IV)

#14 The Futureheads - The Futureheads


I don't have a particularly long attention span...so this record is a big favorite of mine. All but 2 of the 15 tracks clock in at under 3 minutes, which I think is awesome. The songs are concise, but are also filled with stunning complexity and impeccable timing. I expect songs like "Manray" and the Kate Bush cover "Hounds of Love" to be blasting in every club in New York over the next few months, and sooner or later on mainstream radio across the country. The entire album, however, is great fun, and I am excited to watch its popularity soar.

#13 Dogs Die in Hot Cars - Please Describe Yourself


I'm well aware these guys get a lot of shit out there, and their name is clearly one of the worst in the history of popular music...But be that as it may, it's one of the best CDs I've heard all year. Anybody who is hopping on the Futurehead bandwagon these days owe it to themselves to check this album out...Every song, from "I Love You Cause I Have To" to "Celebrity Sanctum" are, or should be big hits. It's not the edgiest or coolest pop record you'll hear this year, but I think it's one of the best.

Click Here for #'s 20 and 19
Click Here for #'s 18 and 17
Click Here for #'s 16 and 15
12 and 11 tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home