Thursday, September 23, 2004

My 20 favorite albums of 5764 (part VII)

#8 Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism


I actually bought this CD not being a particularly big Death Cab fan...but the Megastore had some sale where you could get 3 CDs for some cheap price...and I only had two in mind at the time. I picked this as my third because I just can't pass up a fucking bargain. I ripped it onto my iPod and didn't think much about it. Slowly, I would hear a song here and there come up on shuffle and really dig it...Soon I'd find myself playing the album more and more at work to pass the time...after a while it just slipped in to become one of my true favorites. They play nice music...just pleasant and simple and never fails to put me in a good mood...what more can I ask for? Turns out Seth Cohen was right all along.

#7 Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters


Another purchase I did not plan on making. I saw them on a listening station one night at the Megastore and the "Import" sticker somehow intrigued me. I listened to a couple tracks in the store and instantly dropped the $20 to take it home. Every song (except for the awful "Music is The Victim") is a perfect pop song... Their version of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" is the most original and dynamic cover since Hendrix did "All Along the Watchtower"...I honestly believe this. It's the most fun and imaginative CD I've heard in a long time, and the fact that the novelty after months and months of listening has still not worn off is proof enough for me that it belongs up here as one of the best albums of the year.

Click Here for #'s 20 and 19
Click Here for #'s 18 and 17
Click Here for #'s 16 and 15
Click Here for #'s 14 and 13
Click Here for #'s 12 and 11
Click Here for #'s 10 and 9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home