Friday, September 24, 2004

Finally a weekend away from work



Last night I attended the Harvest in the Square at Union Square. Restaurants and wine shops from all over the neighborhood were represented with tasting portions available. Proceeds went towards completing the renovation of the north side of the park. The highlights for me were the salad from Tocqueville, the Braised Beef from Strip House, The Veal from Gramercy Tavern, and the Fig with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto from Candela. It was a delicious and lot of fun.

Tonight I suppose I'm not going to do anything too big. Got services in the morning. Peanut Butter Wolf and Madlib are playing at Southpaw tho, and I think that might be fun. I'll see if I can round anybody up to trek out there.

Tomorrow night, Morning Theft is playing an early set at Pianos. Go there at 7:30 and break the fast with them. Later that night, I've got tickets to be at Bowery for the Fiery Furnaces midnight show. Really excited to finally see them live. It's sold out, but I'm sure with a little effort, you can find someone with an extra between now and then.

Sunday night I'll be seeing Rachael Yamagata at Joe's pub. She was amazing at The Fez about a month ago, and I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing her again. This is very sold out, but I know she'll be back in town on December 17 doing a benefit show for Housing Works. I don't know many details about this, but I'll post if I hear anything.

For you hippies out there with a little bit of foresight, Keller Williams will be playing December 10th at Webster Hall. Also, Galactic is playing Irving Plaza October 23rd and 24th and Addison Groove Project will be at Mercury Lounge Oct. 20th.

Gothamist Events is putting together a stellar show at the Knitting Factory on November 16th with a collection of blog-popular bands...They've got Asobi Seksu, Snowden, and Sons of Sound on the lineup so far. Definitely something to keep on the radar.

The Arcade Fire are unfortunately playing Bowery Ballroom the same night I'm going to see Interpol...November 11th. Tickets are on sale.

That enough for now...Down to the final four albums of the Jew-Year...I'll get them up here sometime between now and the end of the weekend.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

with a capital H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home