Friday, October 15, 2004

Popeyes is the new Homosexuality


I usually get lunch at my desk at work, but I forgot to order today so I and ran across the street to Popeyes Chicken, where in line I overheard the following conversation:

Guy1: How’s the new guy coming along?
Guy2: Great! He seems like a real chill kid.
Guy1: You should have invited him out to lunch.
Guy2: Well, I didn't want him to know yet...that we eat at Popeyes...


Now, from here I thought it was some sort of inside joke...and maybe it was, but the conversation continued...

G1: You know Arthur knows...
G2: How?
G1: I dunno, but he said something about it to me the other day.
G2: Have you told your parents?
G1: No way! My mom would FLIP if she ever found out!


What the fuck is going on here? What kind of upside-down world do these people live in? I was shocked.

Speaking of Fast Food Chicken, a few days ago a Thighs-Commenter reported a "secret" Chick-fil-A in an NYU building on the southside of Central Village. Is there any conformation of this?? I'm thinking it's either in the dorm across from the Mews, or in the building on the corner of Waverly and University Place. This is worth looking into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home