Monday, October 11, 2004

Decided!

Please, everybody join me at Plaid on Wednesday night to celebrate my 23rd year representing the Central Village, New York, and the World. Of course I’m trying to get this together last minute, but whatever...That's just how I roll. After thinking about it and talking to some friends, this made the most sense. Obviously, this isn't MY party...like I didn't put this shit together myself...but I'll be there with however many friends I can get out on a Wednesday night, and it will be a good time. The cover is $10 at the door.

I'm planning on showing up on the early side...around 9ish. Plenty of time to see Elkland, and perhaps catch a bit of Pitty Sing to give them another chance. People seem to love them, and the song on their website is pretty fucking good...We'll see. Also, of course, The Bravery, then followed by a band called The Fame...

Does anybody know anything these guys? I finally found their website but I don't have a clue what they sound like. Since they are the only band with a flyer for the show, they get top billing on here...tho Elkland is the main draw. They've played with bands such as The Shins, Asobi Seksu, The Soft Explosions, and Sahara Hotnights, so at least they've got good taste in who to share a stage with...but I'm curious to hear what these guys are all about. If anyone has an mp3 or something, shoot it over this way.

Here's some stuff from the other Bands:

Elkland - Apart
Elkland - Summer is Over
The Bravery - Honest Mistake
The Bravery - Fearless
Pitty Sing - Radio(Stream)
Morning Theft - Thirty Helens Agree (Rob will be DJing throughout the night)
UPDATE: The Fame can be heard here

I'll see you there!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Thanks! I like their stuff...especially the song "Close to me." I'll be sure to stick around and check them out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home