Friday, October 08, 2004

La La La



Elkland has a new song on thier website! It's called Summer is Over and it's an outtake/B-Side from their upcoming album. Pretty good. It's no Apart, but a solid tune. See them play with two other about-to-blow-up local bands, Pity Sing and The Bravery, next Wednesday at Central Village's own lame-o nightclub, Plaid. If it wasn't my birthday and there weren't like thirty other shows playing the same night, I'd totally be there.

Just realized Jon Stewart was at Barnes and Noble in Union Square this afternoon, not tonight as I expected...too bad. Mo Rocca will be there on Monday.

What's going on with Gothamist??? It's stuck on Oct 1st for me. Is this happening to anyone else?

This video of Rilo Kiley from Conan is adorable...I've been watching it all day (via BV, natch) If I didn't have prior commitments, I'd totally go see them again tonight. There were plenty of people trying to dump tix outside the show last night, so if you wanna go and don't have a ticket, just show up, and odds are you'll find someone with an extra.

If you're not down with that, Pretty Girls Make Graves are playing a set at The Delancey tonight. Definitely worth checking out. Tomorrow, Hope of the States and Inouk are playing at Maxwells in Fucking Hoboken. One of these days I'll make it to a show there, (I'm looking at that Futureheads date), but I swear I won't go sober.

That's it! Big Ticket weekend for me, Beasties and Morrissey. If you want good seats for Morrissey, e-mail me.

Oh, and the pic above is from Witz.org...Weird, Huh. Click to enlarge.

6 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Well, Rob, I take back all the bad things I've ever said about the place...
I'll most likely be there for Elkland and Bravery Wednesday night...will be sure to say hi.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Elkland and The Bravery are both OK bands. If you are short on cash and If you want to get their music, Real Rhapsody has a 2 week free trial, so when the album comes out, get it for free. Else you can go to Kazaa.com or LimeWire.com and download the software and get it free. Also, if you do not want to spend a buck on the 'Apart' single that was released this month, go to download.com, get software that will record whatever your sound card plays, then go to thier website, play Apart, and record while it is playing. Or just copy a friends CD.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found a site to get Elkland and The Bravery to download. It is free and easy to get, go to:
http://www.endingeast.com/ click on the respective links and then click save, or just right click and then click Save Target As and you will have them. Glad to help out!!!

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://eonzabyp.com/dlax/hzls.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zfrqnvbd.com/zrgr/ldbf.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://eonzabyp.com/dlax/hzls.html | http://cbstkwzv.com/xgsc/yubt.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home