Thursday, October 07, 2004

Obsessed...



Welp...no Elkland tonight...I was too exhausted and couldn't make it out. I'm also obsessed with one of the new Kings of Leon songs I heard the other night. Been frantically searching around the internet all night looking for some info, but no luck. It's a slower song...and all I can remember is something about an hourglass...maybe an hourglass figure? And part of the chorus goes has the lyric "...all over my body" I wish I could remember more, but I heard the song at Oxegen and loved it, then heard it again last night and still thought it was the best. Any help would be appreciated. I've scoured the KOL message boards, Kazaa, bit torrents, everything. No luck.

Also, I recently acquired Muse's Origin of Symmetry, which I think is out of this world. I (obviously) have only good things to say about Absolution, but I never fell in love with their other release, Showbiz. OoS, however, is a knockout. I think I recognized a couple of the songs from their live set (New Born and Bliss), and they are two highlights on there, but the rest of the album is just superb. The Nina Simone cover “Feeling Good” (aka the song from the Six Feet Under commercials) needs to be heard to be believed.

You listen to this album and it makes such perfect sense...Like watching a prequel to a movie you know by heart, I'm listening to this album right now in the context of what I know is to come. It's comparably so raw and unrefined, yet all the Muse-esque elements are there. It feels somehow prophetic to know that this sound will be smoothed out and perfected only a few years later into Absolution. If you haven't heard this album yet, check it out if you can, because it has completely blown me away.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The KOL song is "Milk" from the yet to be released "Aha Shake Heartbreak" album.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home