Thursday, September 30, 2004

Willpower Triumphs over Impulse

Is today the slowest day in the history of time? I think so. So slow, in fact, that I was checking the clock every 20 minutes up until the Jimmy Eat World presale that started a few minutes ago...Finally by the time 4:00 rolled around, I clicked through, passworded up, and was ready to buy...but I thought for a second...Do I really like these guys that much? I mean, the summer of 2001 I was into Bleed American...but fuck, that was like over three years ago...Tickets were $22 plus charges...and Razorlight (who I'm not too fond of) is opening...I clicked up the total button, and realized I was about to drop $30 a ticket for a band I didn't really care about anymore. That's crazy. I backed off.

But that's how slow this day has been. The highlight for me was gonna be an oddly timed afternoon presale for a band I was lukewarm at best about seeing...and I came within one mouseclick of dropping a large chunk of money to go see them in two months.

But...oddly and uncharacteristically, I let it go, and now I'm working off the rest of my day at work with a small satisfaction of saving a fair bit of cash. Same feeling I had about selling my Keane tickets earlier this week...Ya know, I goto enough shows that I do really want to see, I don't need to bog my life down with excess expenses and excess plans.

Tonight Bloc Party is playing the Knitting Factory at 10:00. I know that's smack in the middle of the debate, but this is (I think) their first show ever in the States. I kinda really have to go see them...especially cause I'll be out of town this weekend and missing their Tribeca Grand party. I'll dvr the debate and watch it later tonight or tomorrow.


Tomorrow I'm taking a day off from work and somehow gonna figure out a way to Reading, Pa to see Pearl Jam and Death Cab...more importantly tho I gotta figure out a way to get to Easton, Pa after the show to join the homecoming weekend festivities. There are times like this when not knowing how to drive becomes a bit of a hindrance.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love custom car shop then you will want to be there! All kinds of custom car shop will be in attendance. For more information go to custom car shop
See Ya There!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog you have here! I am going to bookmark this one.

Play free online gamestoday at arcade queen

free internet arcade gamefree internet arcade game

Play until you drop but whatever you do don't let your boss catch you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home