Thursday, September 30, 2004

Willpower Triumphs over Impulse

Is today the slowest day in the history of time? I think so. So slow, in fact, that I was checking the clock every 20 minutes up until the Jimmy Eat World presale that started a few minutes ago...Finally by the time 4:00 rolled around, I clicked through, passworded up, and was ready to buy...but I thought for a second...Do I really like these guys that much? I mean, the summer of 2001 I was into Bleed American...but fuck, that was like over three years ago...Tickets were $22 plus charges...and Razorlight (who I'm not too fond of) is opening...I clicked up the total button, and realized I was about to drop $30 a ticket for a band I didn't really care about anymore. That's crazy. I backed off.

But that's how slow this day has been. The highlight for me was gonna be an oddly timed afternoon presale for a band I was lukewarm at best about seeing...and I came within one mouseclick of dropping a large chunk of money to go see them in two months.

But...oddly and uncharacteristically, I let it go, and now I'm working off the rest of my day at work with a small satisfaction of saving a fair bit of cash. Same feeling I had about selling my Keane tickets earlier this week...Ya know, I goto enough shows that I do really want to see, I don't need to bog my life down with excess expenses and excess plans.

Tonight Bloc Party is playing the Knitting Factory at 10:00. I know that's smack in the middle of the debate, but this is (I think) their first show ever in the States. I kinda really have to go see them...especially cause I'll be out of town this weekend and missing their Tribeca Grand party. I'll dvr the debate and watch it later tonight or tomorrow.


Tomorrow I'm taking a day off from work and somehow gonna figure out a way to Reading, Pa to see Pearl Jam and Death Cab...more importantly tho I gotta figure out a way to get to Easton, Pa after the show to join the homecoming weekend festivities. There are times like this when not knowing how to drive becomes a bit of a hindrance.

15 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Just a quickie to say that I like your blog a lot. Lots better than most I've seen! I'll return soon!

Hey, come see my site too! It has to do with Emoticon Instant Messaging and it's here: Emoticon Instant Messaging!!

Regards

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Free Dish Network
Thanks

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger cc Infopage said...

Yahoo News

Microsoft, Yahoo Reportedly Ready To Link Instant-Messaging Services (TechWeb via Yahoo! News)
Microsoft and Yahoo are expected to announce Wednesday interoperability between each other's instant messaging service, a move that could dramatically change a market that's been dominated by America Online Inc., a newspaper reported.


Today's News From & About Yahoo


cc Infopage: 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects


PS: To get more, just click the links

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger freenanoipod said...

I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have been browsing and reading all day -- Very addictive.

I am going to set up a blog for my own site ipod nano! I have a lot to of information to share. The link to read should be
live soon. If you have an interest in the ipod nano I would love to hear what you think of my site :-)

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Steve Westphal said...

Hey, Ireally like your blog. You might like this Music

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love custom car shop then you will want to be there! All kinds of custom car shop will be in attendance. For more information go to custom car shop
See Ya There!!

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger TexasDude said...

Free Black Greeting Card

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a catalog list mailing site/blog. It pretty much covers catalog list mailing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog you have here! I am going to bookmark this one.

Play free online gamestoday at arcade queen

free internet arcade gamefree internet arcade game

Play until you drop but whatever you do don't let your boss catch you!

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to visit again! Please feel free to visit my blog too at http://rushprnews.iuplog.com, RushPRnews Daily Gazette.
My site is ** RushPRnews press release services, distribution and free web posting** . Cordially, Anne Laszlo-Howard

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a in list not opt spam site/blog. It pretty much covers in list not opt spam related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drop on by and browse through a huge archive of joke

This is one of the many jokes i found amongst the many joke categorys:
A man walks into his favorite bar and saw a bum panhandeling. The bum asked if the man could spare a dollar. The man replied "If I give you money are you going to use it to buy liquor?" The bum said he would not, so the man asked "If I give you money are you going to use it for gambling?" Again the bum said he would not, so the man asked "Would you come home with me so I can show my wife what happenes to someone who doesnt gamble or drink?"

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a cash franchise payplan safelist site/blog. It pretty much covers cash franchise payplan safelist related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a free wallpapervendor site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

 

Post a Comment

<< Home