Tuesday, October 12, 2004

CMJ Heads up...and other news


I had a bunch of busy work that had to get done all day. Bleh. Anyway...

Congratulations are in order to Morning Theft, who released their first CD today...You can pick up a copy at their Album Release Party on Friday, Oct. 22 at Plaid.

Speaking of Plaid, tomorrow night, all birthdays aside, There is a hell of a lineup to kick off CMJ...Rob Holmes DJing, with Pitty Sing, Elkland, The Bravery, and the band whose three songs I've been listening to repeatedly all day, The Fame. Outside of the sold out Irving Plaza opening party, this is, top to bottom, the best show tomorrow night. I will be there.

I will do my darndest to get over to Mercury Lounge for The Arcade Fire at 1, but I if I'm having a good time, I'm not gonna push it, since I'm now definitely seeing them at Bowery next month.

Tonight I'm passing on The Libertines and Radio 4 in an effort to save some money and energy for the coming week. Saw the 'tines at Bowery last month, and I'm just not up for it tonight, ya know? I hope I don't regret this...

According to Brooklyn Vegan(natch), Dogs Die in Hot Cars are the super secret surprise opener for The Music and Hope of the States on Thursday...Some of the best bands with the worst names all on one stage...Tickets are still available. This is the show to be at, IMO, since none of these guys are in America all that often.

The other amazing show on Thursday is ALSO not sold out...The Concretes, VHS or Beta, Sondre Lerche, The Golden Republic and Inouk. What is wrong with you people?!? Go to ONE of these two shows, please. You will enjoy yourself either way...

I'll deal with the weekend when it comes...that's it for now.

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Karen said...

The opener for the Music and HOTS is Duke Spirit.. not DDIHC.

And you should be coming to our show tonight, buddy!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Nono...DDIHC are going on after The Duke Spirit and before The Music...In that 7:30 "special guest" spot. I saw a flyer last night outside Webster Hall to double-confirm it.

And yeah...there's a descent chance we'll end up at Snitch later on...but Plaid first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home