Thursday, December 30, 2004

Everything all works out in the end...

I think...

I was set to write up this rambling post about how I was gonna miss my shows tonight cause we had a deadline set for Midnight that we were barely gonna make...but, whaddya know, the deadline got pushed up to 2:00PM! Actually, it was always 2:00, but nobody told our firm till, well, this morning. So sucks to be a lawyer right now! Good to be a para with plans for the evening!

So anyway...I haven't touched on the Tsunami business here cause I don't think there's really anything more to add. It is indescribably horrible. I have no personal experience with this sort of thing, so I'm not sure what to add without being insensitive. Alls I can say is that I am sick to death of hearing about the rich white vacationers. I mean give me a fucking break, News.

In typical WotSAT fashion, Nate brings up an antidote regarding the Tsunami which makes you go holy shit, then uncomfortably laugh for the next three days...

If I knew Tinkle was to be the new Arcade Fire, I would have ordered extra tickets. Just wait till the Stella Sweepstakes kick in next month...But for now, if you really want to drop $80 for a pair of $6 tickets, please don't let me get in your way...

I woke up this morning with the New Decemberists album appearing on my computer. I like it a lot on first listen. Much much better than their last one, which I was always lukewarm about.

As suspected, Rouge Wave will be playing Mercury Lounge on Feb. 4th (according to OhMyRockness). Their CD wore a bit thin after repetitive listens, but it's still good, and certainly a band worth checking out when they're in town. Count me in. I dunno if or when tickets will go on sale, but I'll keep an eye out. Rainer Maria, another band I've been itching to check live, is playing at NorthSix the night after on 2/5. Tickets go on sale at Midnight tonight. Finally, tix for The Hold Steady at Mercury Lounge January 19th are on sale now. Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home