Sunday, November 21, 2004

U2 in New York for a long weekend...


So yeah, I'm late at this...but it's Sunday...

Tomorrow, SOMEBODY claiming to be the biggest band in the world, is playing a 2:30 surprise show at UTB, aka THE downtown Brooklyn private school party spot of the 90's, aka the cobblestone area directly below the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn side. This is absolutely confirmed, and you can get tickets from 1iota.

Strangely, this Irish band called U2 (pictured above), who some also call the biggest band in the world, were heavily rumored to be playing a surprise show in Washington Square Park tomorrow afternoon around 1:00. Hmmm.

I think I'm gonna take the ticket bait and goto UTB. Will even take off from my beloved job in the afternoon to go see what all the (hot) fuss is about.

My guess...since this is gonna be an MTV special...is that at 1:00 the band is gonna walk from Washington Square, filmed the whole way, down to city hall, across the Brooklyn Bridge, to UTB, where they'll play a brief concert. This fits into the "we're going to stop traffic" quote being bandied about of late. Oh, and I'm sure they'll make a touching pass by the WTC site on the way. Maybe while playing that stupid song from Gangs of New York.

Make sense? I think so. I'll try and remember to take a quick swing by Washington Square Park tomorrow morning and see if there's any action.

(Most of the factual information in this post via BrooklynVegan)

2 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger goldenfiddle said...

holy shit that is a great picture of U2.
so young, yet so cocky

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

I know, classic, isn't it? Credit to the magic of Google images

 

Post a Comment

<< Home