Thursday, November 18, 2004

Videogames!


I don't know anything about this game coming out, but it most likely is gonna be pretty bad. Most games are, and with a stupid name like Stubbs the Zombie, it's gonna be banking for the bargain bin. Anyway, they've put together a bizarre lineup of some fantastic bands to cover oldies standards. Interesting idea.

I still remember the first time I ever heard Snow Patrol or Stellastarr* (or Good Charlotte, for that matter) were all from videogame soundtracks. The thing is, you hear these songs over and over and over again without even thinking about it. Then you hear the song somewhere else (like a record store) make a connection, and buy the CD. It's a great system...really works on a subconscious level at impressionable teens and other likeminded gameheads. However, the catch is if the game itself blows, nobody'll play it and the music will go unnoticed. I will be interested in hearing these songs. Not so much about playing Stubbs itself tho...

Ben Kweller – Lollipop
The Raveonettes – My Boyfriend’s Back
Death Cab for Cutie – Earth Angel
Rogue Wave – Everyday
Cake – Strangers in the Night
The Walkmen – There Goes My Baby
The Dandy Warhols – All I Have to Do Is Dream
Oranger – Mr. Sandman
The Flaming Lips – If I Only Had a Brain
Clem Snide – Tears on My Pillow
Rose Hill Drive – Shakin’ All Over
Milton Mapes – Lonesome Town
Phantom Planet – The Living Dead (original song)


(via Coolfer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home