Friday, November 19, 2004

Friday notes...

Tonight Morning Theft is playing Lit around 10:00 9:30 (thanks Rob). Check it out. Afterwards, Rothko is celebrating their reopening by offering some free late-night boozing. Red Stripe from 1-4am, and well drinks from 3-4am. Yeouch!

Also, I’ve been told Morning Theft's fellow Lunch Records labelmates, Dear Leader, will be playing an early showcase at Mercury Lounge a week from Monday, Dec. 6th, at 7:30. These guys are real good, so if you got time to make it down, they’re definitely worth a check.

Craig Nicholls, lead singer of The Vines, has apparently been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, a neurological disease that's kind of like a more functional autism. Some may remember the CLASSIC Law and Order: CI episode guest starring Mark Lynn 'Cousin Larry' Baker who played a Asperger's suffering murderer. Couldn’t care less about The Vines, but I love L&O: CI, so I'll use any excuse to mention it.

Pitchfork finally gets around to reporting about that supershow out in LA next month. Would have been nice to hear about it before it went on sale and sold out in 3 minutes, but what can you expect. The blog-to-pitchfork delay seems to be holding steady at about 2 days.

I'm heading out to LA that weekend for a bit of vacation. Barring an unfortunate turn of events, I'll be at the show..

And also speaking of Cali...The OC is getting better, but it's not quite back. I like the Seth/Marissa angle...and while Ryan isn't acting any better, his character is much more interesting. The new girl is totally cliché, but she works. The parents this year just have far better storylines. Maybe (doubtfully) it's a sign of my maturity. Also, I think Jimmy Cooper is my favorite television character on air right now. Every scene he's in makes me smile.

Looks like Ultragrrrl's finally dropped the comments from her blog. Too bad, but I sure as hell don't blame her. There are a lot of sick haters out there...

Are U2 Coming to the Central Village? Rumors abound regarding a secret show in Washington Square Park this coming Monday...

That's it...after a busy 2 weeks, this weekend should be pretty laid back. Easy.

4 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, we're on closer to 9:30pm. strict schedule tonight at lit. and pitty sing isn't playing, so you know we'll be on time. - holmes

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger goldenfiddle said...

blog to pitchfork delay
hi-larious.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Law and Order CI is my most favourite thing ever. One time when I was in NY I saw a van set up with a "filming L&O CI" note on the window and I actually wanted to stalk the van for an entire day in hopes of seeing Vincent D'Onofrio.

Oh, and the OC also.. is amazing :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

I'm gonna make a point to call out Pitchfork whenever they drop one of these 'newsworthy' gems...

And Criminal Intent is the best, for sure. It made D'Onofrio my favorite actor...Besides Tate Donovan of course. I'm so glad there's nothing on HBO this fall, so I can actually watch the new episodes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home