Monday, October 18, 2004

"Hi, We're the Flavor of the month"


Is there a more resonant quote from all of CMJ? I really regret missing these guys last week, but I know deep down I wasn't ever gonna be able to make it. In a way there are two types of bands in the world...The ones you go out of your way to see, and the ones that go out of their way come to you. Last Thursday morning The Arcade Fire made the transition from the former to the latter when they sold out The Bowery Ballroom, just hours after completing their final set as a regular band. Even more impressive, in the grand scheme of things, is that they sold it out on the same night Interpol plays Hammerstein Ballroom. You can no longer just go show up and check these guys out. You gotta make it a point to see them play. If anything else, the article in the Times today firmly cements this. I expect my parents to now ask me to burn them a copy of their CD the next time I talk to them.

1 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

People are already offering their extra Pixies tickets straight up for Arcade Fire. In all seriousness...this is gonna be a ridiculously hot show. Like The Killers at Bowery/Morrissey at the Apollo type hot. Especially now that the NYT wrote them up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home