Friday, October 22, 2004

Five things I'd do tonight if my family wasn't nuts and decided this year to celebrate Thanksgiving a month early to 'avoid holiday travel'...

In all seriousness, I think it's a great idea. I mean...We prolly got the turkey on the cheap, right? My mom's already looking forward to Nobu on Thanksgiving night.

But so, I'm heading up to my parent's country house this afternoon to spend some QT with the fam. Here are, however, in order of importance, 5 things going on tonight I regret I'll miss.

1. Morning Theft's Album Release party at Plaid
Great band, big event, new cd, no cover, open bar = best
2. Sons of Sound at Rothko
Still haven't made it out to see them...will at Movable Hype fer sure
3. The Section Quartet (Performing Radiohead's OK Computer) at Mercury Lounge
No Idea...but I love this kind of shit
4. Death Cab for Cutie with Pretty Girls Make Graves at Roseland
Hate Roseland...Big, expensive, can't see the stage. Hard to pass on seeing Death Cab tho.
5. Acquiesce at Bowery Ballroom
Guitar player works at St. Marks Ale House...Said they were first unsigned band since the Strokes in 2001 to sell out the Ballroom. Sounded pretty good from the sampler he gave me. Might be worth a check.

Wish I could be there...But, ya know...Thanksgiving only comes once a year. Be back next week.

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Catfish Vegas said...

I transposed two letters and look what I found:
http://www.centralvillage.blogpsot.com/
the Mega Site of Bible Studies and Information...
strange

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Paige said...

You should have just celebrated during the Canadian weekend, so at least your holiday would be on par with someone!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

We were actually joking about that when this idea came about, but it conflicted with my birfday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home