Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Come back strong like a powered up Pac-man...

I don't really know what to talk about today. Went out last night to go see a friend of a friend's band called LESS play over at Luna Lounge. It was nice, but I was feeling a bit dodgy after scarfing down some super spicy Chinese food right before heading out. A couple glasses of shitty white wine didn't do much to relieve my agony.

We walked by Mercury Lounge afterwards heading towards Ave. B, and I peeked in to catch a glimpse of the Kaiser Chiefs, who were starting into "Every Day I Love You Less and Less". I was jealous not to be inside. I expect everyone in attendance enjoyed themselves.


Pitchfork likes Bloc Party, I see. Good to know. Should knock the street value of those tickets at Bowery up a few bills. I'm still surprised the Motherfucker party is not sold out yet. Are people really scared that their "look" won't be "working" enough to be let in? Lets be realistic here. If you paid for a ticket, they'll have a hard time turning you away.

That being said, I'll do my best to get dolled up at least somewhat for the occasion. It's a holiday, after all...

Tonight, Saints and Lovers are playing a show down at Rothko. Also, Fort Ancient is playing a free showcase with a few other good bands at Sin-E. Both are tempting, but I, however, will be going back out to Brooklyn to check out the Polyphonic Spree at Warsaw. Never seen them, but a buddy of mine here at work lives and dies by their live shows, so I have to see what the big fuss is. Mike Doughty opening was the capper for me, no doubt. I've been a Soul Coughing fan for years and years, and I've never seen the guy perform. Pretty excited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home