Friday, January 14, 2005

Well that backfired...

So we stood outside of Bowery for about 45 minutes, from 8:30 till 9:15. Heard Asobi Seksu go on. There were alot of other people outside looking for tickets too, and unfortunately it was completely sold out, so we all just waited around, till occasionally one person would come up with an extra, and the bouncer would decide who had been waiting the longest. Asobi Seksu was almost finishing up their set, and while it was a nice night out, I was already sick of standing, and I was beginning to remember I didn't really like Razorlight all that much anyway, so we headed back.

I guess my theory was incorrect...you can't always get tickets outside. I hope Rajeev didn't get shut out too on my advice...But if there was a show I was to learn my lesson on, it was this one, which I only had a lukewarm interest in anyway. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy tickets to every show I wanna go see that's coming up. No more messing around.

So I came home and put on the OC, which was almost unwatchable at times. I hid my face when Sandy got on the mic, and the Lindsay-Ryan moments were awful. Also, guess what?! Summer and Zack had an issue, sorta revolving around Seth, they thought they were going to break up, but they worked it out in the end! How original! And interesting! Bullshit. Seth was annoying the whole time, Marissa was miserable (at least she got rightfully fucked over in the end)...the only endearing thing was Alex and her acceptance into the Cohen Clan. Other than that it was another wasted, by the books episode. Boo-urns!

Torr reports that The Bravery are releasing their full album in the US on March 29th. Whoh, that was fast. Karen pretty much summed up my opinion on the guys. I'll listen to them, and I like their songs...but come on...they're not exactly groundbreaking. Be that as it may, I'll buy the album, and surely enjoy it when it comes out.

Last night I had a brief IM conversation with my uncle, who is currently in Medan, Indonesia writing an article about the goings on over there. He's been sending e-mails back to the fam about his travels, and they are nothing short of spectacular. His name is Dan Baum, and he is a writer for the New Yorker. Keep an eye out for the article in the coming weeks.

Tonight Morning Theft is playing at the Delancey with the hott Boston band Read Yellow. Free Sparks from 9-10? OK! Saturday is Saints and Lovers/Benzos/Dears at Mercury, then I'm gonna try and head over to the Tribeca Grand to check out this hot new shit from England, The Kaiser Chiefs. Sunday I'm going to use my parents house upstate and go skiing with some friends, but will be back in time for Movable Hype 1.5 at Pianos on Monday with Morning Theft (again) Dear Leader, Fort Ancient and The Moirai.


Finally, speaking of Movable Hype, the real deal 2.0 show has been set up, featuring Elkland, The Information, Other Passengers and The Cloud Room. Word. Get ready.

Have a good weekend.

5 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Yeah, we got there about a half hour after the doors open, and they said everything was sold out, including anything at the door. Oh well...maybe next time I'll get there right as the doors open and try that.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

The url for The Information is www.theinformation.net They are my favorite Boston band. Their debut CD, Mistakes We Knew We Were Making, comes out any day now.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Thanks Ashley...they're a tough band to Google. I really like the single that they have posted on there.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger badly drawn boykins said...

I actually got there before 8 pm, stood around for about 10 minutes and decided I'm going to go home. Judging by your post, I made the right choice - I didn't care a whole lot for Razorlight either and I was lucky enough to catch Asobi on 12/31.

Sorry you had to stand out there for so long.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Click here if your LOOKING for "No Charge Online Advertising Channels For Any Business"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home