Thursday, January 20, 2005

Grey Week

(pic via Stereogum)

Alright, I know I've been in a pretty shitty mood the last couple days, but I can't be the ONLY person who thinks this new Postal Service song is complete garbage…right? The lyrics are simplistic and dull, the beat is uninspired, and the chorus is uncharacteristically cheesy. I know it's easy to crack on these guys since they've blown up, but I still listen to DCFC and "Give Up" all the time, and I think this one is a stinker. Too bad.

Big TV night last night...I got home, ordered a big fat steak from Strip House and settled in on the couch for the haul...Resident Evil 4 will have to wait.

Lost was good, but not great. What was with that fake ass polar bear? For a show with such high production values, it felt totally out of place to have that CGI shit pop up. Whatever tho...I'm able to look past it. I had heard some of the rumors on the internets regarding Walt having magical powers, and it looks like this episode hinted towards that. Also, does anyone know if next week is gonna be new? Cause the scenes from the next showed moments from the episode with the French woman. Hmmm.

After Lost, I stumbled onto the premiere of the new Fox show, Point Pleasant. It was pretty bad, but I still liked it. Think the OC meets Carnivale, taking place in New Jersey. The girls are pretty enough for me to keep watching, and especially if it's gonna come on right after the OC, it'll be almost automatic.

I got tickets for that stacked Ted Leo show, tho I really wanna try and go see Buck 65 at Sin-e that night too. I've got some time, so I'll figure something out. Nether should be missed...

Finally, It's good to see I'm not the only grouchy blogger out there this week hating on Gibbard. It must be the weather. At least the sun came out today for like the first time in like 2 weeks. It'll get better I'm sure.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

heh...and heh

I still like pretty much all their stuff...but I'm easy to please.

And I still haven't gotten around to playing any more RE...but I'm sure the herbs would help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home