Sunday, January 02, 2005

...And I have no resolutions

So despite my previous grumblings, New Years was NOT a letdown. I won't bore y'all with the details, but I went from Jackson's loft in Soho, to Lucy's house in the East Village, to Bowery for the DBT show, and back home, where I didn't leave for the next 24 hours. Didn't do anything big the rest of the weekend.

I think you're gonna hear me talk a lot about The Dears over the next two weeks leading up to the show at Mercury Lounge. I finally got their full CD over the weekend and have been listening to it a whole lot. I know I'm kinda late to this one, but lemme be the last to tell you that it's one of the most unique and genre breaking CDs I've heard recently. Picture The Smiths meet Broken Social Scene playing Pink Floyd on the left bank of Paris. Beat that. Tickets are available here for the show, also featuring Benzos and Saints and Lovers. It's at the top of my most anticipated upcoming shows list right now...

Also, just noticed that there are tickets available for Sea Ray's final show ever on January 21st. This is likely gonna sell out, so hop on it if you think you're gonna go.

Finally one more Merc note (via more cowbell)...Sleater Kinney will be playing there on the 2nd and the 3rd of March. I suppose it's still a ways to go, but it's never too early to plan ahead for shows that aren't to be missed. One Louder says they played all new stuff on New Years Eve, so there's something else to look forward to.

Finally, BrooklynVegan, in an epic post, runs through the year in relevant New York indie shows with some personal antidotes, pics and MP3s. As not to be missed as a blog post can get if you went to any shows last year. He's likely covered you favorite too.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it ink cartridges mcnamara isuzu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home