Monday, November 01, 2004

It's November, and I thought about sleeping with the A/C on last night...

Nobody's really talking about the weather these days, but this is about as warm as I can ever remember for November. I wore shorts out on Saturday night and was perfectly comfortable. This is nuts, y'all...enjoy it while it's here, cause all of a sudden it's gonna be 35 and windy and you'll wonder where the autumn went.

Halloween was fun...despite a rocky start, ended up coming together. Was supposed to meet some heads at a bar in the 20s and Park, but wasn't told about the $30 cover...so I passed. Grabbed a slice of pizza nearby (alone and in full costume, mind you) and ended up catching a ride back downtown with another friend who happened to be in the same hood. After hitting up a party at this chick's loft in the West Village for a minute, we ended up at my all time favorite scene, Misshapes. After about half a dozen cigarette burns (one to the face) I headed home and called it a night.

Played some more San Andreas and watched the first several episodes of 21 Jump Street over the course of the weekend as well. Gave out candy to the kiddies in the building last night (Cute!), then watched The Warriors later on with a friend who came over. Good Halloween flick for people who don't like scary movies. Didn't make it to Sam Champion...Anyone there know what they played? Very curious.

Some fun stuff going on this week...Tuesday is election night. I'm nervous as hell, but confident. I think I've made it clear that I'm voting for John Kerry, and I urge you to do the same.

Wednesday if I get out of work on time, Gonna head down to The Merc to catch Elefant, then later on check out the Canal Room for the not to be missed Futureheads. Thursday I'm gonna hop over to the Lee Quinones opening/release party, live and direct from the Central Village at everyone's favorite Tennis Center/Club, Pressure. "Open Bar provided by Miller High Life" was the kicker. More on this thing as it comes up. The OC also is back Thursday night. Get ready.

Friday I'm heading up to Boston to hang out with some friends from college and go see Muse...If anybody knows any good parties/bars up there, I'm open to suggestions.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Well, my friend lives in Alston, which I hear is a pretty chill area. I'll probibly be around there most of the weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home