Thursday, October 28, 2004

Various


Blonde Redhead was so very good. They mostly played stuff off 'Misery...', which came very close to being my favorite CD of the last year (Had Rilo Kiley and BR switched up till a few days before writing up the final four) I was fine with that, cause I honestly don't know much more of their stuff.

Found a comfortable seat up on the ledge to the right of the floor and watched in awe. I just can’t listen to music like that standing in a hot crowd after a long day at work...Maybe it's something to do with Irving...always seems kinda claustrophobic in there down near the stage.

They make beautiful music tho. Out of this world. Their voices seem almost inhuman...It was like I was in a trance the whole time. A classic moment was during the encore break, someone shouts out "Go Sox!” followed by someone shouting "they won!" Sent a chill down my spine. When someone asks me where I was when the curse was finally broken, I'll always remember that night.

I don't think the show tonight is sold out yet, and the Mercury Lounge darlings, Benzos, are opening for them. If you don't have anything better to do...

Saw Kyp Malone of TV on the Radio talking with some smokers in the sidewalk corral outside. He is a unique looking motherfucker, I'll tell you what...And I mean that in a good way. After a minute he took off and walked down Irving towards 14th, and there was this beautiful image of a little, solitary man with gigantic 'natural' hair walking down the moonlit street. Times like this I wish I brought my camera out more. It was such a perfect scene.

Anyway...work's been picking up...no plans for the weekend yet, tho I'm sure that's bound to change.

And yo, did you hear about this crazy island in the South Pacific that used to have hobbits and giant rats and miniature elephants???? It was on the front page of the New York Times, so it's gotta be true! Unreal!

And what's the deal with Giuliani blaming our troops for screwing up in Iraq to cover Bush's ass? For those out there who lived in New York before September 11th, remember when he was the worst guy on the planet for fucking with our civil liberties and picking on those who could not adequately defend themselves? Guess what? One day of 'heroism' doesn't make up for years of being an quasi-fascist schmuck. Just because you had a gay roommate when your marriage was on the rocks doesn't really make you any better than Bush & Co. You sold out your country to tow the ridiculous party line of denial and ignorance. I hope history looks back at you with the same contempt they will to our President. For shame, Rudy.

Alright...enough of that...I just hate when people speak of Giuliani as being one of the "Good Guy" Republicans. He's not, but I'm afraid too many people may have that impression in 2008...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home