Friday, October 29, 2004

Apple blows

They totally screwed me.

Last week, I sent back my iPod to Apple because it was not working properly, and was initially impressed with the quality of automated customer support they provided. Yesterday, however, I take back all the good things I've ever said about that company. I was excited to get my box back so quickly with my repaired iPod...

But they didn't fucking fix it!

I got a photocopy of a form letter saying they found nothing wrong with the unit, but they went ahead an updated the firmware and reset it to only work with Macs...yippie. So then I try and reformat the thing for Windows, but now I get this disk error message. Looks like the hard drive is corrupted. I don't think it was this bad when I sent it to them. Or maybe it was? I dunno. I was kinda hoping Apple could figure that out for me. Either way, it didn't work 2 weeks ago, and it doesn't work now. And Apple had a chance to fix it or replace it and did not.

Of course there is no customer service phone number to call...unless you wanna drop $50 bucks just to talk to a real person. I guess I gotta go through the entire online process again to send it back. Maybe I'll walk it down to the Apple store and see if they can do anything for me. Not holding my breath on that one, but it's so dumb to have to mail them this thing twice. What if they send it back again, saying it works again? Where do I go from there? Argh.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that freakin blows. I feel your pain.

wouldn't expect that from a company like Apple.

-bv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home