Friday, November 05, 2004

Going to Boston with Canada on my mind...


If I see John Kerry, I'll buy him a beer.

I ended up going to see Elefant and missing The Futureheads Wednesday night. They were Elefantastic! Really good show...humble (for DG standards), intimate. They seemed happy and appreciative to be playing such a small joint with some devoted fans. Place wasn't even totally full. Prolly the most comfortable set I've ever seen there. They sounded great too. I'll tell ya tho, I've never seen so many doe eyed, swooning ladies at a show. Diego had them in a trance. Pretty wild. I had to go into work early the next day, so I called it a night after them.

If I wasn't going out of town, there’s a lot of out of boro action going on this weekend. I strongly recommend checking out Buck 65 at Southpaw tonight. I saw them play after Leslie Feist in London, and they ruled. Funny guys, interesting music. It's a good show. They kinda do this Country-Rap thing...hard to explain. They're Canadian tho! They'll give y'all another taste of the tunes up north.

Also in Brooklyn tonight are the Apostle of Hustle, which is a side project of Broken Social Scene. I assume these guys are Canadian as well. They are playing at The Hook, which I've always wanted an excuse to go check out. Should be good.

Tomorrow night The Futureheads and everybody's favorite mixed reaction, Pitty Sing is rocking out over the other river at Maxwell’s. If you're up for the trip, this should be a great show. I'd go if I was here.

Finally Sunday, a band I've been looking forward to see for a while now is playing Northsix. I don't know when I'm getting home, but shooting back out to Brooklyn right away prolly isn't in the cards. But anyway, The Advantage is here. They are an 8-bit Nintendo cover band who fucking rule. Definitely worth a check if you're up for a Sunday show. They will be playing the Knitting Factory the night before, too. I'm sorry I'll most likely have to miss them. You know how much I love gimmicks...

So I'm on a bus in a couple hours heading north, iPodless, thanks to Crapple's inept customer support. Looks like another bus trip with the ol' Discman. Can't wait for Muse tonight!

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Heh...that’s what I was thinking...something real fancy and French...no point trying to appease the middle any longer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home