Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Since you've been gone...


Anyone ever watch any of the non-movie on demand channels? Thanks to a tip from my mom, I've been watching the AOL music video channel a lot the last few days. Channel 1002 i think? or 1003? There's all sorts of stuff up there...Home and Garden OD, Golf OD, CNN OD. Lots. Anyway...the point is I've been watching a lot of Avril videos on there recently, including a live one filmed at Webster Hall. Just made me realize how fast I'd jump on tickets if she was playing a club show in New York. Very Fast.

Two shows you've likely already heard about of now, but thought I'd mention anyway.

Nine Inch Nails are playing two nights at Hammerstein May 15th and 16th. You can go here today at 4:00 to try and get presale tickets.

Garbage is also playing Hammerstein on April 19th. There is a presale this Thursday, and the password is SHIRLEY.

So while it's all well and good that these acts are playing Hammerstein, and not Roseland or (god forbid) the Garden, it's gonna cost. Garbage tickets will run you $33.00 and NIN are going for $45.00. All this before service charges, too. Ouch. I guess you gotta expect to pay to see acts like this, but it's still a lot of money. Don't know yet if I'll go to one, the other or both, but I guess I gotta decide soon, cause these shows will sell out instantly.

Is it weird that I wouldn't hesitate to drop $50 to see Avril at Hammerstein, but I am for these guys? Yea, a little I guess.

And don't get me started on the new Kelly Clarkson...

4 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

yea...my mind's made up. Gonna pass on Garbage, tho.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Actual guilty pleasures? I wouldn't go that far. But I do think the new Clarkson joint is a top notch pop song, and Avril's a good looking girl with a couple real catchy songs. Take that for what you will.

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason these bands are playing Hammerstein and not MSG is the same reason the Pixies camped out there: they make more money at Hammerstein. PERIOD.

And what is whack is that you won't go see the New York Dolls for $35 (and no service charge if you walk to Irving Plaza and buy it), but these two? Feh.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Hmm...Not quite sure I get how one can make more money at the 'Stein than at MSG...

And as for the Dolls, I saw them at Little Stephens last year. Don't need to see them again. At least not right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home