Tuesday, February 22, 2005

And so it continues...

I rarely say this, but that actually felt like a long weekend. I feel a bit rested and detached from the week before, which is so nice. Lets see how this one lasts.

Productshop reports that the lovely Sondre Lerche is opening for Elvis Costello at the Beacon Theatre on April 22. Tickets are already sold out tho, so...sorry about that. They were too expensive anyway. Tix still available for their show together at the Borgata in AC, if you're a real diehard.

The Wicked (way too off-the-cuffly, I might add...) mentions that Built to Spill are playing Irving for three nights in May (11-13). That'll be fun.

I also got word that Morning Theft will be playing a show with Snowden and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at Crash Mansion on March 11 to kick off their tour. Great lineup and an interesting venue, which is suddenly beginning to appeal to a slightly less Evan and Jarron-esque crowd. And it's free! I think. So save the date. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Caribou (formerly Manitoba) and Junior Boys add a Bowery show to their stop in New York May 4th. Unfortunately, it's the same night as The Decemberists at Irving, so it looks like I'm staying with Northsix show the night after.

As others have reported, there is a Benefit (for what? I dunno) at Rothko featuring Asobi Seksu, Benzos, aaaaannnd Elkland. Unfortunately, this is the same night I'm seeing Sleater Kinney (3/3), so I'm gonna have to pass. Otherwise, it's a can't miss show.

Finally, Snow Patrol is playing Roseland on May 20th. There's a presale on Thursday at 9AM. The password is WINTER. I like the band, but not nearly enough to have to put up with Roseland on a Friday night. But enjoy if you're down.

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger badly drawn boykins said...

The Rothko benefit is for the tsunamis.

If a venue isn't trying to save itself, it's probably trying to save the tsunami victims, at least until the next big tragedy. I'm surprised they still remember - it's been, what, almost 2 months?

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://qqgsdqad.com/qhjl/yajw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ytgttvtx.com/lsnk/fsvt.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://qqgsdqad.com/qhjl/yajw.html | http://ciwekoxs.com/xlaf/xfrt.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home