Thursday, February 24, 2005

I dunno

I started writing about the shows I've been to recently, (Devendra, Futureheads and Aesop Rock) but I got kinda bored with that, so I'm gonna lay off it for now. They were all pretty fun in their (very) different ways.

Tonight I'm going out to see a friend of mine's new band play. His name is Wynn Walent and, tho I've only seen him play solo before, he's apparently gotten a real band together (drums, bass, keys and cello, plus himself on guitar). I'm a sucker for strings, so I think this'll be good. He's a truly gifted songwriter, so I am very excited to see what he's gotten together. Tonight they'll be at Otto's Shrunken Head at 10:00 (14th Street b/w A and B). There's no cover, and if you wanna come by and say hi, I'll buy you a drink. Who knows...we might have the next Sea-Ray on our hands :)

One Louder points out that Joanna Newsom is gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight, which is PERFECT, because Milk Eyed Mender has gotten a serious second wind from me of late. I'm setting my Divo if I can't stay up.

Go! Team tickets for both shows (Mercury and Southpaw) are now sold out. I decided to default on the second night in P-Slope, so now I can go see The Thermals instead. Been listening to Fuckin A a lot again recently as well.

I think The Bravery at Rothko is sold out already? Either that, or they've taken tickets off sale till the official on sale date (Saturday @ noon). Developing... (Thanks to Jonathan for the heads up on this)

Via Spinach Dip, I see that Handsome Boy Modeling School is playing at Irving Plaza April 20. Tickets after charges inch up towards $30, tho. That’s a lot of money. I don't think it's gonna sell out any time soon at that price, so I'll have to think about it.

Lost was great last night. Anybody got an idea why Hurley was on Korean Television?? I think next week's ep. is about him, so maybe we'll find out. He's the last primary character we haven't gotten a flashback about, no? Anyway, it's good to see the show back on track after a dragger of a previous episode.

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thermals are super fun live. If you like the CD, you won't be disappointed.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Perfect! Just as I thought.

Saw the Thermals for like a second at Siren last summer. Sounded great from what I heard. I'm sure they're a blast live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home