Friday, March 11, 2005

Fin

The briefs are halfway out the door, and it looks like the last two weeks of crazy hours and busy days may be finally coming to an end for now.

Last night I got out of here at 10:00 and jumped in a cab right down to Bowery for Death From Above 1979. A significantly better experience than the last time I saw them, but they are by no means my new favorite band or anything. I am impressed by what they are able to accomplish with so little on stage, and it certainly is worth seeing them once to realize that. The thing is...It’s Metal. I haven’t listened to or spoken about Metal since 8th grade I don’t think, but I can still appreciate that they are good at what they do and put on an entertaining show. I enjoyed myself.

Dunno what else to talk about. I'm sure everybody has heard the Ted Leo cover of "Since You've Been Gone" by now. I wasn't too impressed. The original is far far superior.

The KEXP studio sessions are mostly full, but I was able to snag passes to Phoenix, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, and The Fiery Furnaces on April 6th. Gonna take the day off and make a day out of it.

Gang of Four tickets are on sale now for the two shows at Irving. I assume they will sell out fairly quickly, so hop on it. (thanks Ashley)

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Tonight is that party at Crash Mansion...Be sure to RSVP at rsvp@newyorkunderbelly.com to get in for free before 12. I've never been to Crash Mansion before...always kinda seemed like a strange scene walking by it, but they're putting on a remarkable show tonight, so I guess I'm gonna find out for myself. Morning Theft goes on at 11, Snowden at 11:45, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at 12:30. Open bar from 11-12, and $2 Pabsts (7 for $10!) all night. More info here.

Tomorrow night I am ecstatic to go see The Wrens at Maxwells. Then Sunday Atmosphere is at Bowery.

Seeing The Wrens come up brings up the debate "what bands would you travel to Maxwells to see?" I can honestly think of very few. The Wrens are one of them, cause they tour so infrequently.

The better question may be, who would you go out to see at Continental Airlines? I'm sure there is some band out there that would get me out there, but I can't think of anyone. Not even a fictional back-from-the-dead reunion show. I'll have to give it some more thought, but seriously, is there a less desirable, more out of the way venue? Maybe Nassau? I dunno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home