Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday

The Coachella lineup comes out today! Supposedly. I think the super-main acts are pretty much set (Coldplay and NIN...right?), but there'll be, hopefully, some surprises fer sure. Check out this site for the list of confirms so far, but by the time you read this, the official list may be out anyway.
UPDATE: It's out!!


Chill weekend...no shows, a few little get togethers. Had to go into work twice and played a lot of Resident Evil 4 otherwise.

By the time you read this, U2 tickets will most likely have gone on sale, and most likely have sold out. I have to admit that I have literally zero interest in these guys right now. Maybe it was all the hype overkill that numbed me last year, but, besides the secret show business (which was pretty cool) I just don’t care. Believe it or not, I haven't even listened to their new album yet. And it's not like I'm consciously avoiding it to make a point or something...There's just other stuff to get into out there these days. So I guess if you wanna kick your amateur scalping ring to the next level, now is the time, but otherwise, I'd save your $160 and go to like 20 other shows instead.

Coolfer lets us know that The Go! Team will be playing NYC and Brooklyn in March. Mercury Lounge on the 21st, and Southpaw(!) on the 22nd. I'm excited.

Joey told me last night that The Arcade Fire will be on Conan Tuesday night. How cool is that?? Sources say tickets on Craigslist are now going for nearly $75 a pop!

That's it for now. Gonna be a shitty week at work, but lots of great shows coming up.

4 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Paige said...

ahh thanks for the Conan tip, I am so watching.

Plus-- Coachella line up is so fab, now I need to figure out if I am going or not (hello VISA!)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Yes...The headliners overall are the least interesting bands on the lineup. Black Star should be unreal.

Paige, I expect to see you there...

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sec football blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on sec football. You can check out my forum about sec football if you have a chance.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Among these magnificent benefits is the chance to be able to promote your business, any business,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home