Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The rest of the Best of '04


My best of 04 lists didn't really take off like I thought, so lemme just run through a couple things real quick here and it'll be the end of it.

Best Concert:
Hard to pick, since I've seen alot, but the ones in my head I keep coming back to are...

Morrissey and The Shins @ The Apollo Theatre
Small theatre, walked right up to the stage during the sets. Morrissey blew away everyone's expectations, Shins were great too.
Muse at The Oxegen Festival
Amazing. Grown men crying. 50,000 singing along. It was a scene I'll never forget.
The Wrens/Nada Surf/The Comas/Maplewood @ Mercury Lounge
The Wrens just looked like they were having the best time up there. Every song sounded perfect. Nada Surf was the biggest surprise for me. Walked out loving them.
Franz Ferdinand @ Volume
Will there ever be another show here? The Gym Mat couches? The makeshift bar? Not likely. First time seeing them, haven't danced that much since.
Arcade Fire @ Bowery Ballroom
Is there any more that needs to be said about this one?

Other notables were Hope of the States/The Music/Dogs Die in Hot Cars @ Webster Hall, The Killers @ the Astoria in London, Bloc Party @ The Knitting Factory and Rilo Kiley @ Bowery Ballroom.

Best Movie:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Such a sweet story...Appeals to the Cynic and the Romantic in all of us. Not to mention Jim Carrey was perfect in the role, and Gondry's direction was great.
Dig!
Remarkable achievement, filming some amazing moments over the 7 years between the bands. I've watched it a few times and have enjoyed it more and more.
Hero
Jaw dropped the entire time. The colors, the action, the story, even the acting...I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Simply amazing.
Other notables: Kill Bill: Vol II, Tarnation and Before Sunset.

What else...Best Videogames?

Only two worth mentioning...Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid 3. Prolly the two best games ever. I say this cause I rarely take the time to play through and beat long games like these, with stories and the such, yet I have recently completed both. That's gotta count for something. Biggest Disappointment was Donkey Konga. Great idea, but without good songs to play along with (Row Row Row Your boat???), it's as good as boring.

Best TV shows(Non-HBO):

Lost, The OC, 24, Law and Order: Criminal Intent. There was nothing else this year worth watching...Except HBO, of course.

Ok, I'm starting to feel like I'm filling out my Friendster profile again...but that was fun. Also check my Albums of the Year from Monday if you're interested.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home