Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Biggie was a Notary...


I'm supposed to take the Notary Public test tomorrow for my job.

Thing is...I haven't a clue what being a Notary means. I know I get a rubber stamp sent to me if I pass, which I guess will come in handy when I open up my nightclub. There's a manual I'm supposed to study, but it's like 30 pages long and I've been off the clock since 8. No way that's happening.

Honestly...HONESTLY, my only experience with a Notary Public is at the end of The Royal Tenenbaums when Royal gives his divorce papers to some old guy in a paperboy hat. Whatever he did with them after that is beyond me. Also, I hear you only have to get a 70 to pass, and Lord knows I've done better than that on tests I hadn't studied for. Of course, unless there's an essay section I can bullshit my way through, this might be marginally tougher.

By the way, if anybody I work with is secretly reading this and hasn't told me, I'm of course joking. And when you notice that I've posted three seperate rambling diatribes during working hours, it's cause I write them all at night and scatter them throughout the day for balance. And when I come in Friday morning with stamps all over my hands, it's cause I was Notarizing all night in the Lower East Side. There. I'm glad I've gotten that off my chest.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 AM, Blogger Paige said...

it sounds... notable at least! ha ha...

And you get a rubber stamp? Hey I kinda want one of those, and I want to be notable.. what do I have to do to be Paige Notary now?
;)

oh AND! essay writing being easy to bullshit.. oh so true! Which is why I am starting a 2500word one at 2am, due at 8am and I'm not worried. Yet.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jeff Baum said...

Oh what a wonderful way to spend the morning. Anyone know what the maximum jail time for a Class D felony is? Me nether! Crap! That was like the whole test....questions like that. We'll have to wait and see for the results in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the tips...tho I'm afraid I got them too late. And Paige...go to sleep you nut! Hope that paper turned out ok ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home