Monday, August 02, 2004

Something New

Last week, I was totally taken by surprise by the songs I heard off the Dogs Die in Hot Cars website. I went online to order it. Now, knowing it was an import, I expected it to cost some $$$, but $30.00 for the CD alone was waaaay too steep for me...so I went over to amazon.co.uk, and was surprised to see that DDIHC AND the much hyped Razorlight CD came to only 20 lbs, or ~$35 after shipping...which is really cheap considering how much imports normally cost...

Anyway...both the CDs are great on a first listen. I've got non-downloadable samples of both bands over in the "what I'm listening to now" section on the right. Razorlight isn't nearly as poppy as "Golden Touch" sounds, and DDIHC's isn't nearly as frantic as those two songs make them out to be. Both are consistently good albums that I am looking forward to hearing more of. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of these bands in the near future...

Dogs Die in Hot Cars is playing tomorrow night at Mercury Lounge, and then opening for Morning Theft at Rothko Wednesday. They will be worth your while to check out. Razorlight is currently playing a bunch of sold out shows in England (they are very hot over there right now), but I expect them to be playing in New York in the not too distant future...Be sure to keep a lookout.

Was gonna go see a movie tonight but couldn't get the troops motivated...I think I'll just throw on a DVD and call it a night. Tomorrow may be my triumphant return to Galapagos...we'll see tho. More on that in the morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home