Friday, August 06, 2004

He thought an Albertson's stir fry dinner would make his apartment a home...

Well, It's not something I'm particularly proud of...but I don't cook. It's not that I have anything against it...I just don't have the motivation to buy all the shit, then stand around and cook it...I just end up eating out or getting delivery at least 6 out of 7 nights...So...ok...since there's nothing particularly musical going on with me till next Thursday, so I thought I'd change gears and talk about the best delivery options in the Central Village. Not all of these restaurants are in the hood themselves...but If they deliver to me, that’s really all that matters...

Fresco Tortilla

The official old standby...It’s not really Mexican, but Chinese sorta...y'all know the story...there are versions of this place all over the city...but this one is the best. Two #1's, a #23, a 38, and a 39 (2 steak soft shell tacos, chicken quesadilla, and chips and guacamole) do the trick for under $10...and a bit of Peter Luger Sauce on the side for dipping tops it off...Solid.

Otto

It's impossible to name "The best pizza in NY” There are too many different styles...John's, Arturo’s, Grimaldi's, etc. The nicest pizza place in New York is far and away Otto at 5th ave. and 8th street. The idea of eating food created by Batali on my coffee table at home is too good to pass up...Furthermore... as is important with all these picks, the quality to cost ratio is through the roof...You're eating a world class meal for around $20...Pick a pizza (ask for the specials) and a Veggie dish (Eggplant Caponatina and Summer Corn dishes are favs) and you got yourself a meal.

One more for now...

Itzocan

Some say best food in New York, period. AND they deliver. The legend is the two guys in the kitchen used to be sous-chefs at some fancy French restaurant...and they left to open up their own spot. The menu is small, but there are always specials, and they are always good. There is literally not a bad thing to eat here...everything is done to perfection. For my money, the Mole Chocolate Cake is maybe the best dessert I've ever eaten. If they had a restaurant in the Time Warner Building, they could charge $30 an entree...but they have a hole in the wall in the East Village...so they keep it real...everyone who has eaten there can appreciate that.

Check these places out if you're looking for something to eat...all are highly reccomended...I'll do this again sometime if I'm ever bored and out of music news...

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger n. said...

I never cook either. I'm too lazy/don't have the time/cook like crap. Besides, we live in a place where you can actually get GOOD food, almost 24 hours a day, and they'll deliver!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home