Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I have no pants

I'm not kidding. Yesterday I threw away my only three pairs of khakis cause they all developed gigantic holes in the seat. For a while I could still wear them out, but it got to the point where these things became completely unacceptable. Two pairs didn't even make it into the laundry bag yesterday morning, and one came back with an irredeemable hole, so they went into the trash as well. Now I'm down to a pair of sweatpants, two pairs of chords and a couple pairs of dressier pants for work(Which haven't been to the cleaners in god knows how long.) Tough shape. I'm gonna have to get to a store this weekend I think. There's too big a gap till I can get shorts back in the rotation...

Anyway...

Doves were lovely last night. I was a bit tired and burnt out by the time we got there, but I still thought they played an excellent set. They'll be back at Webster Hall on May 18th and 19th with Mercury Rev if you missed em last night.

Congrats go out to the Winner of the SAT, who was selected for the oh-so-prestigious "Blog of the Day" spot in yesterday's NY Metro (pg. 14).

I really have no big beef with Pitchfork (except for the fact that they continually claim sole responsibility for The Arcade Fire's popularity, which is just silly and wrong), but I did find it amusing that they reviewed the Kidz Bop "Float On" the other day. Needless to say, if it wasn't for this one, nobody listening to the original would have known it existed. So...thanks? I guess?

It doesn't look like The Shins are going on sale today after all. Some other interesting shows at Bowery, however…Eagles of Death Metal, Mike Doughty, and Earlimart.

Also, The Raveonettes will play three sets at Mercury
at the end of April. Two are on the 26th (early and late), and the third is with Morningwood and Saints and Lovers on the 27th.