Monday, April 04, 2005

Baseball!

Been nothing really to write about so far this morning. No major goings on over the weekend. LCD Soundsystem was good, but not so great as to make me like their album any more (See pictures at One Louder and Brooklyn Vegan. Also, check out a rare concert review from ToTC). Movement and Losing My Edge were lots of fun, as was the set-closing Yeah, but the rest didn't really do it for me.

But...how bout baseball starting this week? April begins my annual stint as a real Mets fan, which usually fades out around May when they've got a 10-17 record and 8 games behind the Braves. I don't really have any shame about being a fairweather fan. I still follow the sport, and I'll never say I'm not a Mets fan, but I can't go balls out for any of my teams (the Knicks or Giants or Mets) when they're so damn godawful. There are too many other interesting distractions here to be bothered with activities and interests that aren't really entertaining or successful. So I just don't force it. It's not like I'm gonna start rooting for anybody else or anything. I'll just find something else to do. I think that's natural. Can't be bothered.

But, that being said...Lets go Mets! I'll pay you attention so long as you stay above .500. I think that's a fair deal. I might even make the trip out to Flushing once or twice if you really impress me.