Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Wednesday Already…


Just read on NME that the Foo Fighters are first band confirmed to headline the 2005 Oxegen Festival outside of Dublin, Ireland next year. This was the centerpiece of my trip to England and Ireland last summer, and I had an unbelievable time. It draws many of the same bands the bigger British fetes such as Glastonbury or Carling get, but it’s much less hectic and overwhelming. If you’re planning a trip to Europe next summer (as of course we all are…), you owe it to yourself to check this thing out.

NME also reported the Coachella buzz that spread around the blogesphere a couple days ago, adding Coldplay to the list of bands rumored to play. I'm certain it'll be a fantastic show no doubt, but much like Field Day 2005, I’ll believe it when I see it.

I was really sorry I missed !!! (chk chk chk) last time they were in town, but it was the same night as Franz Ferdinand played the now infamous Volume out in Williamsburg, and I was there instead. Anyway, this Friday Saturday, their side-project, Out-Hud, is playing Mercury Lounge. I don’t know their stuff specifically, but if it’s in the same vain as their masterband, and I’m pretty sure it is, it’ll be a show worth heading down to see. Tickets are on sale now. !!! is also reportedly playing their own show at Mercury Lounge on Dec. 30th, tho tickets are not on sale for that yet.

I passed on Buck 65 last night, stayed in and watched a movie, Better Luck Tomorrow. It’s about a group of Asian kids in California who get sick of being perfect students and start dabbling in some small pranks and petty crimes, till it gets a bit out of control. What was nice was that the characters, no matter how over the top the situations got, always remained believable, which is tough for a movie like this. (think Kids or Bully where the main characters become caricatures of themselves) Anyway, it was good. Highly Recommended.

That’s all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home